Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mothers Day

To those who have mothered me when I needed it.  To those who have stepped in when my Mom couldn't be there.  To those who have inspired me to be the Mom that I am. I say thank you for loving me and for guiding me.

To My Mom who didn't come along until I was 17 (I was the easiest labor ever).  Thank you for loving me when it would have been just as easy not to.

I am incredibly fortunate to remember the instant I knew I was loved.  Most of us grow up not remembering that because we were babies, I remember it clearly.  I have learned from my Mom that mothering isn't just something that happens - it is a choice and I am so thankful she chose me.  I could go one forever about how great she is but I have learned that sometimes more is less.  Besides, love cannot be bottled and labeled - it is the lifeforce that flows through us all and makes life worth living.

No comments:

Post a Comment