Saturday, April 9, 2011

Emerging

So after a rough 10 days, it feels great to share that I had a wonderful day.  I spent the day doing hospice training and was so at peace.  I think that knowing, deep within my core, that I am doing exactly what I am meant to be has brought profound peace and acceptance.  It makes me sad to think back on some of the more difficult times in the last week or so when I questioned whether or not I wanted to be a part of this world as I know how much I would have lost - my children singing last night in the talent show, my partner's wonderful sense of humor and amazing talent, and knowing that I have a purpose greater than just coping with pain.
It is a wonderful experience to emerge out of the darkness and into the light.  I am not naive enough to believe that there will not be another bump in the road but I know that with each hurdle, my resolve strengthens and my tools sharpen as I cope with my life.
I am immensely grateful for my friends who have stood by me and have lifted me up, reminded me to laugh, and filled my heart with love.

2 comments: