Thursday, April 14, 2011

Interruption

My health is always interrupting my day to day activities.  Sometimes it is something minor like only doing 2 loads of laundry instead of 4 and sometimes it something major like having to reschedule meetings or appointments.  I have come to accept it and know that having chiari, fibromyalgia, and arthritis makes life difficult and if nothing else, interesting.

However, I was supposed to be going to Madison, Wisconsin with Mary on a fun mother/daughter trip next week.  We had to postpone the trip because I am in the midst of major medication changes among other things and my doctors feel it best for me to stay here.  The guilt that I feel is immense.  I am letting my daughter down and I hate that my body gets to dictate so much of my life.

I miss my friends terribly - they really are family and I know that though they understand, they have taken vacation days and planned next week around Mary and I.  My inability to go changes not just my life but many others.  This in turn causes massive guilt which is an ever constant by-product of a chronic illness.

So next week, Mary and I will be here in Cooperstown.  Hopefully, friends will have time to do some fun things and won't mind helping keep me propped up for a few more weeks until all the medication changes are done and life is calm again.  My friends here deserve a vacation from me that I was most happy to give them.  However, I think that the doctors are correct and they do have my best interest in mind.

Life has once again thrown me a curve ball but I am determined to stay positive, do something fun, and somehow make it up to my friends here who are stuck with me and my friends who I miss terribly.

No comments:

Post a Comment