Sunday, February 27, 2011

Chocolate cake trophy


I have become aware that I have an addiction.  I have been told the first step is to acknowledge it.  The second is to feed the addiction (I admit that information on the internet may be unreliable...oh well) - which is where all of you come in.

I am having a contest.  Whoever makes me the best chocolate cake before April 15th will win a prize.  It will be a great prize too!

Here are the rules:
1. You may not deliver a whole cake.  It took me a long time to lose 36 pounds last year and I refuse to put it all back on.  Since Tim is diabetic and cannot have cake, it forces (hehe) me to eat the cake for it cannot go to waste.  I believe that is one of the ten commandments....  I digress.
2. You must make the cake yourself.  The exception to this rule is for you go to Magnolia Bakery in Grand Central Station and bring me a chocolate cake with chocolate buttercream frosting.  There will be an extra prize if that happens.
3. You must have fun doing this.  Baking should be fun, involve a mess, and in my house: children.
4. You must fold joy and happiness into the cake.
5. Cupcakes are acceptable.
6. It may not contain walnuts or pecans.

I admit that this idea came to me after the Green Family brought me a chocolate cake that at this moment is the best I have ever had.  So far, the prize is hers but I am sure there will be a challenge or two :)

4 comments:

  1. Against the laws of god, nature, and Tamara, I tried a tiny piece of the cake that Susan brought. Almost worth going into that diabetic coma that I spend somuch time trying to avoid!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Susan -

    You definitely are at the top of the list. That cake has made me gain 5 pounds in a day! I had a piece for breakfast this morning and I refuse to answer how many pieces I had yesterday. It was SO good!!!! I did share with the kids though :)

    ReplyDelete