Monday, February 28, 2011

Oscar Re-Cap

When you are in constant pain, you look for distractions.  One of my favorite distractions is an excellent movie.  Tim and I began having Oscar parties 12 years ago.  Everyone would dress up either as an actor or character who were nominated in movies that year and we would serve amazing food and drink.  We had everyone fill out ballots and Oscar awards were given to the best dressed as well as the person who chose the most winners.  Laura has 4 Oscars I believe.  Despite surgeries, bad days, bad weeks and difficult years, we remained strong in this tradition.  However, this year the tradition was broken and I admit to being crushed.

So, staying positive and active, I gave a running commentary on facebook about the red carpet.  I can't say that I was completely unbiased but I can say that showing nipples to me doesn't make me like the dress more or less.  Here is a brief summary of my opinions of the red carpet couture:
Mila Kunis was beautiful but left nothing to the imagination.
Natalie Portman was underwhelming.  (though she is an amazing actress)
Jennifer Hudson looked amazing.
Halle Berry looked emaciated.
Sandra Bullock was gorgeous.
Nicole Kidman needed to give back the curtains.
Helen Mirren's jewelry was amazing and I am obsessed with her necklace.  I think she always looks classy.
Christian Bale needs to stop trying to grow a ZZ Topp beard.


Sometimes you have to make the best of a sad or difficult situation.  The good news is that my friends were laughing online with me.  Who knows, maybe E! will ask me to host the red carpet next year and give commentary.  Regardless of my fame, I will be having an amazing Oscar party next year and bringing back our traditions because chiari can't win....it can't even be nominated :)

No comments:

Post a Comment