Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Celebrating the life of Guy

A friend of mine passed away a year ago today.  He was much more than that - he was the head of my pain team and was a passionate advocate of mine.  Guy relentlessly searched for new medications to try and help me cope with my pain.  He was wonderfully sarcastic and we shared many a smiles and a laugh or two as we dealt with the life of chronic pain.
Guy understood so much as he suffered from chronic pain as well.  We commiserated and bitched and then went back to the work at hand.
His amazing wife Jen is a good friend of mine and his children are wonderful, talented and smart.  Kyle and my Mary are in the same grade and Katelyn is in third.

Today, please take a moment to remember a person who changed my life and so many others.  Who advocated when there was no one else who wanted to take my case with my doctor as it was too complex.  Guy went out of his way to help me and I will be forever grateful for that.  Remember his family and their loss in your thoughts and prayers.

"What we have done for ourselves alone dies with us; what we have done for others and the world remains and is immortal." - Albert Pike

1 comment:

  1. Guy is greatly missed. I will never forget his coming back to the hospital in the middle of the night to try to bring your pain levels down. Many doctor's could take lessons in compassion and perseverance from Guy.

    ReplyDelete